Optician / Optician Apprentice
Privately owned and growing Optometric practice seeking a highly motivated individual to work in the optical department of our office. Individual must be outgoing, reliable, and efficient. Experience preferred but will train the right individual.
A successful candidate should posses the following skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Sense of fashion for frame selections for patients of all ages and styles and ensuring the proper fit for each patients facial structure and needs
- Experience with EHR (we use Officemate and Eyefinity)
- Know how to fit and measure glasses including PD’s and seg or OC heights
- Knowledge with lens materials and how to choose the proper ones
- Knowledge with extra lens options such as Anti-reflective coatings and Transitions
- Knowledge on how to properly repair and adjust glasses
- Experience with contact lenses including soft, RGP, CRT, and Scleral
- Knowledgeable in insurance benefits and how to properly apply them to patient options
- Assist Licensed Optician in receiving and checking in materials including glasses and contacts.
- Notifying patients of receipt of materials.
- Tracking jobs to ensure efficient deliveries.
- Billing and ordering glasses and contacts in Officemate as well as on insurance websites.
- Assisting Optician with inventory of lab supplies and frame selections
- Candidate will also be cross trained in other areas of the office to help assist staff when needed.