Privately owned and growing Optometric practice seeking a highly motivated individual to work as an doctor‘s scribe and an optical technician. Individual must be outgoing, reliable, and efficient. Experience preferred but will train the right individual.
A successful candidate should posses the following skills:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with EHR (we use Officemate and Eyefinity)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Efficient typing speed
- Accompany provider into the patient exam room to scribe exams and accurately document the provider’s encounter with patient.
- Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed at the direction of the physician.
- Ensure that all examination data and special tests and interpretation of results by the provider are recorded accurately.
- Verify patient information by reviewing and/or recording medical history, confirming reason for visit and chief complaint.
- Monitor, maintain, and stock exam rooms.
- Prepare patients for eye examinations.
- Accompany doctor to other office locations/facilities as needed.
- Candidate will also be cross trained in other areas of the office to help assist staff when needed.